News:
December 15, 2017, 01:35:59 AM

Jeep Parts and Accessories

Author Topic: NotThePainter's YJ  (Read 10983 times)

Offline Axle

• New Members Coordinator
Re: NotThePainter's YJ
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
 :D thanks Ian!
85 cj-7

Offline NotThePainter

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »
I had a great time wheelin in that town I can't name. Sorry I was late, just mis-judged things completely! Anyhow, loved having Bill as the trail leader, really made us new folks feel welcome.

And to get back to my build thread, here's some shots of Agnes on Class VI roads in NH.

Check out the brake line in the first shot. OUCH. I need to get that replaced but I measure it at 25" already. Longest I can find is 24" so something is weird. Maybe I'll go measure again. Only 3.5" of lift, shouldn't need huge ones. It does look like the shock is maxxed out so at least that is keep the brake line from snapping, but man, that's close...
--
Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers , lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified
Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock.

Offline Axle

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »
I think you can take the hard line off and move it a few inches lower.
85 cj-7

Offline NotThePainter

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »
I think you can take the hard line off and move it a few inches lower.

Yup, been hearing that. That might be the plan. Now, do I need to buy any parts to do that? Not a dumb question. You see, my mechanic is an Rausch this week so parts can't be delivered to the shop. So I need to order them. He'll put them in when he gets back next week, but I only have 2 days before I head to Rausch...

So I gotta order now.
--
Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers , lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified

Offline XJFever

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
wow....what kind of camera is taking those pics? real sharp
yayyyy it has 4x4

Offline Axle

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »
no parts, just unbolt it, bend it down(carefully) and bolt it
85 cj-7

Offline NotThePainter

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »
Wow, I never got notified that you guys responded. LOL. Anyway, the brake lines were fine, the photo lied. And the camera was a Canon 5D2 but there was some pretty significant post processing. At the time I thought I'd want to start a side business of taking folks wheeling and shooting pictures. I didn't like doing it, it turned my fun into a job. Only went on one trial run and that was it.

Anyway, Agnes is back, way different than before. Lets see, front and rear ARBs, front shackle reversal, and rear revolvers. She's also slightly taller from the how the reversal and revolvers went on, and then taller still because she has new shoes, 35" MTR.

Here's me almost rolling her at Field and Forest last year.

Here's what we did with the spare tire after the smittybilt tire carrier broke off.

Which, BTW, is the best mod ever, we can see out the back now!

Susan and I hope to see you all on the trails!

--

Offline NotThePainter

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »
Oh, I forgot about this run. This is on a rather hard Class VI in NH.

Front locker was gone and I really needed it. Was dragging the belly a lot. To get out of this we used two winches and the high-lift to get the rear up. The second winch line was used with a snatch block off the passenger side rear from up high to lift her. I also burnt out my Warn motor on that obstacle... :- (

LOL, great time. I plan on going back this summer to see if she can make it up the road with working lockers and 35s.
--

Replacement Parts for Jeep Vehicles & More...