News:
February 21, 2018, 02:32:37 AM

Replacement Parts for Jeep Vehicles & More...

Author Topic: gun show  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Mitch

• Administrator
gun show
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:13:13 AM »
Did you think this would be a post of me flexing my muscles?

WRONG!

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/w-spr/15SPRINGFIELD%20MILITARY%20FLYER%20JUNE%2015.pdf

Anyone going to this? I will be going on the 6th.
Jeep-less and grumpy.

Offline jps4jeep

• Founding Member
  • Average at best
Re: gun show
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »
Man, I thought this was a thread about Mudrovers facebook page.

Miss that guy.
Dad always said "If it has boobs or spark plugs it will be fun AND will cause you problems."

Offline Axle

• New Members Coordinator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
what would i need to buy a handgun?
85 cj-7

Offline Mitch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 06:46:20 AM »
at work I can only access the wiki, most firearm related sites are banned....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Rhode_Island

looks like you need to obtain a license for a handgun. Rifles may be easier?
Jeep-less and grumpy.

Offline Axle

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »
so same as going to a store I guess. didn't know if was easier at a show.
85 cj-7

Offline Mitch

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 07:02:01 AM »
so same as going to a store I guess. didn't know if was easier at a show.

they might sell you a gun... might. But that wouldn't make it legal for you to own it in Rhode Island = big trouble if caught. Go get your license, so long as you aren't a felon, its easy!
Jeep-less and grumpy.

Offline Axle

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »
thats the plan, man
85 cj-7

Offline Twisty

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 11:35:50 AM »
Bob, purchasing a handgun outside of the state in which you reside is a federal felony.  If you see a handgun you like at a MA or NH show, they cannot (legally) transfer the gun to you.  It has to be shipped to a RI FFL (Federal Firearms License) to do the transfer to you.  You can purchase long guns out of state, providing that it's legal for you to own.  All interstate gun purchases must go through an FFL.  I can purchase long guns in NH and bring them home the same day (as long as they meet MA law).  If you are able to own a certain gun in RI and want to purchase it it MA, you will be forbidden because you do not hold a MA FID/LTC.  If you did get your hands on a gun in MA, you are now a felon because you are possessing a firearm illegally in MA. 

Stay out of MA, and NEVER bring a firearm, cartridge/components (brass, projectile, primer, powder), or magazine into this state.  Getting caught with any of those in your possession without a MA license can get you in lots of trouble and potentially make you a prohibited person.  Getting an out of state LTC is a royal PITA, and requires you to go to Chelsea for an "interview" once a year and pay a $100 fee. 

MA missed the part of the Second Amendment that reads "shall NOT be infringed."  The fact that the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) handles all firearms related business in MA tells you enough.  Just because you own/want to own a firearm, you are looked upon as a criminal by the .gov.

Rant over.
88 MJ buggy, 4.0/AW4, 203/205, 3 link front/4 link rear on airshocks, 42" Iroks, full hydro

"Only wealthy men can afford to buy cheap things."

Offline Axle

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »
Hahaha thanks Tim, I will get a license here, and buy something here, I am not a felon! Haha
85 cj-7

Offline Mitch

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:21:48 AM »
Hey Tim, what about FOPA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#.22Safe_Passage.22_provision) and MA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Massachusetts#Travelers_and_firearms).

Does that suggest to you that a person licensed to own firearms in another state is allowed to travel in MA with a firearm so long as they adhere to FOPA?

Jeep-less and grumpy.

Acton Jeep - A Family Owned Dealership.