News:
October 20, 2017, 04:03:30 AM

Acton Jeep - A Family Owned Dealership.

Author Topic: Pocket knives  (Read 1864 times)

Offline jeepgod

• nothing to see here
Re: Pocket knives
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »
I have a tendency of bending the pocket clip on most knives I have tried and the micro torx screws most companies use that hold them on make fixing them a pita.  The two that I have ended up with are a Benchmade auto and an Emerson hard wear series (their cheaper line, $80-90 bucks compared to over $200).  Pocket clips are the only ones I have found so far that will stay put.

The Benchmade isn't cheap, but it really is a great knife.  I have carried it at work for the last 9 years and while the finish is pretty worn, the blade resharpens nicely and it still opens lightning quick.  http://www.benchmade.com/black-class/afo-ii-family.html

Emerson: http://emersonknives.com/shop/gift-guide/hard-wear-endeavor/

Another point about benchmade, if you break the blade for $35 they will replace the blade. Just send it to them and boom new knife. Actually last time I broke the blade I sent it in and they shipped me a brand new knife (I broke the blade twice in the 16 years I have had my benchmade Osborne ) I know it was a new knife as my old handle was beat to crap and now it's brand new

Just my .02
DISCLAIMER: 90% of the time the things i write on this forum are meant as a joke! Please be advised that these jokes are not meant to upset or hurt any one individual. if i offend you i am sorry. the other 10% of the time i am serious. if you are unsure pm me and i will be glad to explain.  thxs

Offline jerry k

• Trails Coordinator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »
I'm kinda partial to benchmade myself. These are few different benchmades that I carry everyday. I tend to switch it up time to time.
1975 CJ-5 360,t-18,d-20,f&r d-44's,q-78's trail rig
1978 cj-5 resto/mod
2000 Cherokee

Offline Bosox

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 12:13:02 PM »
New Benchmade in my pocket as of today. Forgot how nice  good quality knives are...
Hopefully they don't start multiplying like some of you guys!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Offline jerry k

• Trails Coordinator
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
Those are just the tip of the iceberg for me..I collected for many years.
1975 CJ-5 360,t-18,d-20,f&r d-44's,q-78's trail rig
1978 cj-5 resto/mod
2000 Cherokee

Online JayZR2

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 06:23:25 PM »
which one did you get matty?
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and [censored] the prom queen.

Offline Bosox

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »
Mini Barage. I like the assisted opening, but I'll have to get used to closing it single handed...
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Online JayZR2

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 11:04:36 PM »
So now that you've had it awhile how do you like it?
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and [censored] the prom queen.

Offline Bosox

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 06:56:57 AM »
no complaints...It's easier to close now, either I'm better at it or it's broken in a little. Seems like it's holding it's edge well (still very sharp).
I had sent my 2 Buck knives out for repair just before I got the Benchmade and just received them back last week. A little slow, but they replaced both knives with brand new ones and included a 30% off coupon. Not bad for a couple $40-50 knives.
My next want is something from here
http://southerngrind.com/shop/
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Offline jps4jeep

• Founding Member
  • Average at best
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 06:39:13 AM »
Bump up for an update I guess. My only complaint about the Kershaw knives I posted about last year, which I still carry at least one of them everyday, is that the blade keep that keeps the blade locked in the closed position are not great. Both knives blade keeps were broken within a month of ownership and it has never bothered me. Until last month, not sure how, but the blade partially opened while in my pocket while I was crawling around the Jeep in the garage and cut my inner pocket and gave me a small poke in the thigh. Nothing major, but still got me thinking that maybe I should replace the keeps. I know these are way out of warranty and I could not find a part number on Kershaws website so I simply asked the inquiry section of their website for the part number for these parts and where to buy them.

About a week later, they sent me 4 new locks with all new hardware, for free. Awesome customer support and standing behind your products! Couple pics, tried to get some of the broken blade locks

Dad always said "If it has boobs or spark plugs it will be fun AND will cause you problems."

Offline Casey L

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »
I carry a benchmade griptilian in orange so it is harder for me to loose it.

Offline Ian

• Treasurer
  • slow ride, take it easy
    • pioneers surf report
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
i recently picked up this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074FDC72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 its not my edc but i keep it in my truck just in case. 
i am an AMSOIL dealer! pm me for a quote

60 w/ minor bling 4.56, 14b ff rear w/detriot 4.56, atlas 2speed 5.0 4 custom link rear and 3link front, 110" wheelbase, pcs full hydro, fox 2.5's,  and 42" Irok stikies... and no clue

'00 tj (see above)

Offline Twisty

• Official NEJ Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
I picked up a Glock 81 knife.  Pretty nice, but for the price point, Iím not willing to bet my life on it. 
88 MJ buggy, 4.0/AW4, 203/205, 3 link front/4 link rear on airshocks, 42" Iroks, full hydro

"Only wealthy men can afford to buy cheap things."

Acton Jeep - A Family Owned Dealership.