News:
June 22, 2017, 06:58:02 AM

ExtremeTerrain Jeep Wrangler Parts

Author Topic: Ballistic  (Read 2473 times)

Offline rafikie

• Western Mass 4x4
Ballistic
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
With all the bad hype lately about Ballistic I was pretty leery about placing an order with them. I decided to start small and see how things went so I just ordered some LCA/shock mounts, standard LCA mounts and shock tabs.
Order was placed 7/22 followed by a couple of confirmation emails. On 7/26 I get another email stating that my order had shipped. To my surprise I have a package sitting by my garage yesterday (7/27) from Ballistic Fab.. All my brackets were taped and packaged inside  . Decent looking stuff and priced right IMO. My only tick was the LCA/shock mount that goes together like a puzzle and then you weld from there. I was just a little surprised as to how much play was there, but hell if your doing these mods you should be ready to do some tweaking, grinding and repeat. All in all a pleasant experience and I'll be looking to do business with Ballistic again in the future. Thank you Ballistic for not letting me down and for actully being the first and fastest to get my parts to me.
Jeremy
Western Mass 4x4

Offline Axle

• New Members Coordinator
Re: Ballistic
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:47:54 AM »
Awesome! Dave is on this forum and Ballistic is a vendor/sponsor with NEJZ.  :cheers:
85 cj-7

Offline mattamd_xp

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:19:09 PM »
I've actually had better luck ordering from Ballistic than Poly Perf. I've placed multiple orders with Ballistic and never had any issues with them. I placed 1 order with Poly last fall and they sent the wrong parts twice and took over a month/numerous calls that went to voicemail to get the right brackets to me...
1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 AX-15,NP231/D300 Doubler, front/rear stretch, (4) coil-overs, and D60's swap in progress...

Offline Bradman

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
I have ordered from ballistic multiple times and cannot complain 1 bit and always had everything I ordered in my box everytime within 5 days or so.  I haveheard all these rumors but they are just that to be.  I give a 2 thumbs up for quality and price and a hells yeah on shipping time in my book.

Offline Posimoto

• President
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »
I haveheard all these rumors but they are just that to be.
I wouldn't call me waiting 30 days for parts a rumor. Ordered on July 5th I just received a tracking number yesterday and states it will be delivered August 3rd.

I'm sure it all depends on what you order, if it's stock, or built to order. What's not acceptable is the concurrent 20 min holds on the phone and the promise the order would be shipped out within a week.

Do I think their trying to do a better job, yes but you have to talk to the right person because not all the staff is on board.     

"That's the trouble with research on the internet, there's no way of verifying its truth" --Abraham Lincoln

71 CJ5 V6/T14/D18/Warn OD (from CO)
79 CJ5 304/T-150 Silver Anniversary
79 CJ5.5 360/T-18/4.1 D-300
77 CJ5 360/T-18/3.15 D-20
77 CJ7 258 Fuel Injected T-18/D-20 (from CO)

Offline mattamd_xp

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
you have to talk to the right person because not all the staff is on board.     
That is the biggest problem they have right now. If you get the right person you have no problems, but if the wrong person handles your order, you can be in big trouble...
1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 AX-15,NP231/D300 Doubler, front/rear stretch, (4) coil-overs, and D60's swap in progress...

Offline Axle

• New Members Coordinator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »
Posi, did you try to contact Dave? at least let him know
85 cj-7

Offline jeepgod

• nothing to see here
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
i was going to stay out of this but if you search on here you will see my FIRST HAND experience with ballistic. not a custom part, nothing special at all about it.

bigd, posi and i are forst hand experiences not "rumors"

ballistic is a sinking ship and dave is doing the best he can to save it.   read pirate for more info in regards to ballistic being a pretty crappy vendor.
DISCLAIMER: 90% of the time the things i write on this forum are meant as a joke! Please be advised that these jokes are not meant to upset or hurt any one individual. if i offend you i am sorry. the other 10% of the time i am serious. if you are unsure pm me and i will be glad to explain.  thxs

Offline Bradman

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »
I didn't see Posi's post regarding his order and 90% of everything you type I am too afraid to read :D

all seriousness I have delt with Dave and he sends me tracking right away.  All parts I have ordered are not custom either so I must bring attention to that.

Offline jps4jeep

• Founding Member
  • Average at best
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:29 AM »
I've never had any huge issues with Ballistic, I understand that shipping might take some time, but I will agree that with all that I have read about others experience, has made me a little hesitant to place my order, I think I am kinda waiting for the dust to settle, especially since what I will be ordering will be custom made parts to my specs.
Dad always said "If it has boobs or spark plugs it will be fun AND will cause you problems."

Offline rafikie

• Western Mass 4x4
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
I didn't want to put all my eggs in one masket either, but I figured what the hell I'll still give them a shot and so far they're not the vendor that is letting me down.

Jeremy
Western Mass 4x4

ExtremeTerrain Jeep Wrangler Parts