News:
October 20, 2017, 04:03:03 AM

Jeep Parts and Accessories

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Builds / Re: spyder III begins
« Last post by SPYDER on Yesterday at 08:13:07 PM »
Lol.  That's a good one.  I think I'm going to do something like what Bob posted. Just trying to decide if I should do both front and rear or just rear.
« Last post by Twisty on Yesterday at 07:39:39 PM »
Run a hard line into the passenger compartment and splice in a 6 rubber hose. 

Step on brakes.
Apply vise grips to hose.   
Profit?

;D
For Sale / Meyers 6' plow
« Last post by SPYDER on Yesterday at 01:21:22 PM »
I'm selling this plow that I acquired over the summer but have no use for. 

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pts/d/6-meyers-plow/6351777765.html
« Last post by jps4jeep on Yesterday at 07:34:43 AM »
What I have planned for my rear, and mine will be set up more for cutting brake purpose, but can definately be used as a  park brake. I am going to use something similar to what Chuck posted, I have two older ones from parker from fork trucks.  I plan on routing the rear line to a tee, a line will run through each valve to the rear calipers as normal. Basically you press on teh brakes and flip the valve and that caliper is locked.  You can do this with a single valve and actuate both calipers.  The best part of this system is super simple to plumb and diagnose any issues, super easy to bleed the brakes with as they are essentially a free flowing ball valve and does not need any voltage to operate or hold.
« Last post by SPYDER on October 17, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
I could but I'm trying to make it so once the kill switch is thrown. There is nothing electrical on for that in case of emergency o [censored] moment. Right now the only thing directly on the battery is the winch.

I'd love to do the tcase brake but id have to cut my floor to clear it.  Since the tcase already hits the floor
« Last post by Bluerocket on October 17, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »
if you are worried about combined systems and electric then this is the way to go, but likely a lot more work. 
« Last post by Axle on October 17, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »
you could wire it to the battery separately no?
« Last post by SPYDER on October 17, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
So with that switch you mash down on the pedal and turn the valve and it holds pressure??

Which if the case then I'll have to route lines into the cab, which isn't a big deal just more work.  In my head I was thinking one of the line lock you see in race cars for burnouts but they are electrically activated and I don't think still holds pressure after the electricity is removed. 
« Last post by Posimoto on October 17, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
« Last post by Bluerocket on October 17, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
Let me know if you guys do line locks, I'm interested in the idea of them myself. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10

Jeep Parts and Accessories